Cookies are small packets of information sent to web browsers by web servers, which then stores them on a computer or mobile device. Only the server that sent the information will be able to retrieve or read the cookie’s contents.
Each cookie is unique to your web browser. A cookie contains anonymous information, for example, a unique identifier, the website name, and various numbers. A cookie allows a website to retain information, such as your viewing preferences and the items in your shopping basket.
Every time the browser requests a page from the server, this information is then returned, enabling a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when the browser is closed down. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or expire.
How cookies are used by us
Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information. However, your personal information kept by us may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Stored information from your use of our cookies may be used for the following purposes:
(1) to identify your computer when you visit our website
(2) to track you as you navigate our site, enabling the use of the shopping cart
(3) to improve our website’s usability
(4) to analyse the use of our website
(5) to administrate our website
(6) to personalise our website for you
Our websites use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies (deleted after each visit)
These enable necessary functions on our sites, such as retaining log in details for the session or for a transaction to be completed. They also help by reducing the need to transfer information across the internet. Session cookies are not stored on your computer and they expire when you end your browser session.
- Persistent cookies (remain in place through multiple visits to our sites).
These enable us to identify visitors returning to our websites. They also allow us to customise your user experience, based on your former website selections.
Google Analytics Cookie
We do not share the data collected by Google Analytics, and do not believe that our use of this tool infringes on individual’s privacy. However, should you wish to opt out of this function, use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
OMM uses www.opentracker.net to collect visitor data and analyse traffic on our site. This information aids us in improving our website, helping us to determine the interests and requirements of our visitors.
Most browsers will permit a user refuse to accept cookies.
(1) Internet Explorer users can refuse all cookies by clicking on “Tools”, then “Internet Options”, then “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
(2) Firefox users can block all cookies by clicking on “Tools”, then “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
However, blocking all cookies will affect the usability of many websites. For example, if a user blocks cookies on our websites, they may find they are not able to use the shopping cart or their account features.
Cookies already stored on your computer can be deleted.
(1) If using Internet Explorer, the user must manually delete cookie files. Instructions for deleting cookie files can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835.
(2) If using Firefox, the user must first ensure that cookies will be deleted when you “clear private data”. (This setting can be changed by clicking on “Tools”, then “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box). Once this is done, the user can select “Clear private data” from the “Tools” menu.
Again, it is possible the user may experience some website usability problems if all cookies are deleted.
When a user visits and uses our websites, they are agreeing to our placing of essential and non-essential cookies on your computer and/or device.
A user can block any cookies from any website by altering browser settings. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser, please visit the About cookies website.
How can I control my cookies?
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block third-party cookies;
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a 'private browsing' / 'incognito' session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
Where to find more information about managing Cookies
This website will not
- Share any personal information with third parties.